7 Ways to promote Clear Beautiful Skin!
I just wanted to share with you 7 ways to promote a clear beautiful complexion:
Our Skin is the largest organ we have and protects us from bacteria and pathogens along with helping to regulate our body temperature and secretes toxins from our body through sweat. Your skin is one of your first defenses to staying healthy and well.
Our facial skin has more sebaceous glands than our body skin and often times can create an environment that can be more oily where a build-up of skin cells can happen and then bacteria can grow. Having a daily skin care regime is one of the elements to promoting a beautiful complexion. There are additional ways to promote and maintain a healthy beautiful complexion.
1. Drink Plenty of Water- Promotes flushing toxins from your body and hydrating cells to stay healthy, if you’re dehydrated, it can take a toll on your skin, causing it to look dull, flaky, saggy and loose. Stay hydrated!
2. Eat healthy food with anti-oxidants. Feed your skin from the inside to promote a healthy glow. Fill your plate with fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and protein along with healthy fats.
3. Get enough sleep- Sleep deprivation can cause your complexion to look drab and dull. If you don’ t get enough sleep, your body produces more of the stress hormone cortisol, which in turn can trigger inflammation. Inflammation breaks down the proteins in the skin that keep skin radiant and smooth.
4. Do things to relieve Stress – Stress also releases cortisol, which can disrupt hormones in your body and cause breakouts on your face or body. Stress can also disrupt the balance between the good and bad bacteria in your gut, which can reveal itself through breakouts on your skin.
5. Exercise- Increased blood flow nourishes skin cells.
6. Don’t’ Smoke- Cigarette smoke contains carbon monoxide, which displaces the oxygen in your skin, and nicotine reduces blood flow, leaving skin dry and discolored. Cigarette smoking also depletes nutrients in your body and is known to speed up the aging process.
7. Gently Cleanse and Moisturize- A daily gentle skin care regime that cleans your skin and hydrates will promote a beautiful complexion.